
Yesterday evening I stopped by my sisters house on my way to a meeting...I tend to stop by unannounced a couple of times a week. She and Andrew were getting ready to have Andrews family over for dinner, so I knew my visit would be brief but I would get a little time with the boys.
Amma Grandma (Andrews mom) showed up with a new toy for each of the boys, a new Geo-Trax train...this was very exciting for them, as you can imagine. So exciting that Speical Agent One (oldest nephew) exclaimed "My wish has finally come true."
The boys from that point on were enthralled with their new trains and my presence wasn't as exciting anymore. Andrews brother and sister-in-law showed up and the boys were very excited to show Uncle Mike the new trains, Mike headed back to Special Agent One's room to experience the fun that was happening in the back of the house. It was time for me to leave for my meeting so I headed back to say goodbye to the kiddos. Now normally I would get a "Aunt Jen don't leave, why are you leaving?" from Special Agent Two (youngest nephew) and he would bat his big brown eyes and Special Agent One would give me a big hug and a kiss and I would get an "I love you" from both. Today was different.
Aunt Jen: "Goodbye Boys" (their backs are to me)
Boys: Silence, they are in full train mode...a bomb could have gone off and they wouldn't have flinched.
Aunt Jen: "Am I going to get a hug?"
Boys: Silence and no movement...main focus...trains
Aunt Jen: "Okay, have fun boys, I love you"
Boys: Silence
Realizing the trains won over the boys today I headed down the hallway to the front door to leave for my meeting. I open the front door and I hear "Wait Aunt Jen" I turn around and Special Agent One is running down the hallway towards me and wraps his long arms around me and gives me the biggest long hug and says "I love you." I melt.
The littlest things can make your day...this day a new train made Speical Agent One's day and he made mine.
Amma Grandma (Andrews mom) showed up with a new toy for each of the boys, a new Geo-Trax train...this was very exciting for them, as you can imagine. So exciting that Speical Agent One (oldest nephew) exclaimed "My wish has finally come true."
The boys from that point on were enthralled with their new trains and my presence wasn't as exciting anymore. Andrews brother and sister-in-law showed up and the boys were very excited to show Uncle Mike the new trains, Mike headed back to Special Agent One's room to experience the fun that was happening in the back of the house. It was time for me to leave for my meeting so I headed back to say goodbye to the kiddos. Now normally I would get a "Aunt Jen don't leave, why are you leaving?" from Special Agent Two (youngest nephew) and he would bat his big brown eyes and Special Agent One would give me a big hug and a kiss and I would get an "I love you" from both. Today was different.
Aunt Jen: "Goodbye Boys" (their backs are to me)
Boys: Silence, they are in full train mode...a bomb could have gone off and they wouldn't have flinched.
Aunt Jen: "Am I going to get a hug?"
Boys: Silence and no movement...main focus...trains
Aunt Jen: "Okay, have fun boys, I love you"
Boys: Silence
Realizing the trains won over the boys today I headed down the hallway to the front door to leave for my meeting. I open the front door and I hear "Wait Aunt Jen" I turn around and Special Agent One is running down the hallway towards me and wraps his long arms around me and gives me the biggest long hug and says "I love you." I melt.
The littlest things can make your day...this day a new train made Speical Agent One's day and he made mine.

No comments:
Post a Comment